Beverage is a growing industry, not only in India but globally as well. Beverages are available in various types and flavors etc., including tea, coffee to fruit juices and soft drinks all come under the category of beverages. Generally used as a refreshing agent, beverages like tea, coffee have many health benefits as well. There are a number of beverages available today that one can consume to rehydrate body. However, in the recent times, a sudden rise in the popularity of natural fruit and vegetable juices is seen that have many health benefits and come with medicinal powers. The rise in this segment has given rise to the need to continually search for new beverages that have a new taste, rehydrate the body and also provide the needed nutrition. For example, Celery Juice is the latest fad in the search for healthy beverages as it not only rehydrate the body, but is also amazingly nutritious and full of health benefits for our health.
Essential oils are widely used in beverages for flavoring as well as for various health benefits one derives from it. Essential oils, normally extracted from fruit is not easily soluble in water and hence are used with emulsions that keeps the flavor of the oil. There are many health benefits of essential oils being used in beverages, for example, they act as and anti- inflammatory, anti-depressant, anti spasmodic, anti septic, aphrodisiac, carminative, diuretic, tonic, sedative. Cholagogue etc. Many essential oils like vanilla, vevtiver etc., are used for flavoring as well as many health benefits that one can attain from these oils.
There are many essential oils used in beverage industry. Essential Oils like Mentha, Clary Sage, Lavandula officinalis Bitter Almond Oil etc., are used in making delectable beverages that have many health benefits as well. Aroma as well of the the taste of beverages with essential oils are absolutely refreshing and revitiliazing. They not only satisfy your thirst but also replenishes the body with nutrients and hence are not only tranquilizer or a sedative, but also help to treat many health ailments as well. Hence it is extremely beneficial when added to beverages like tea, coffee, fruit juices etc.
- Lime oil is useful to treat fevers associated with colds, sore throats & flu.
- Camphor oil is used in treatment of nervous depression, inflammation, acne, arthritis, muscular aches & pains, rheumatism, sprains, bronchitis, colds, coughs, fever, flu & infectious diseases.
- Orange Blossom water is the most common used fragrance in the industry.
- It is extensively used in perfume and pharmaceutical industry, as a vapouriser for scenting the surroundings and in body care products
Fennel Sweet Oil
- Its balancing, normalizing, soothing, gently clarifying, relaxing and calming nature makes it used in aromatherapy industry.