Ayurveda is an extremely vast and ancient medical science that focuses not just on the treatment of any particular disease, but on a healthy life style and well being. It focuses on the right kind of diet, which is healthy and nutritious. It says that an individual's diet should be a balance of basic ingredients like proteins, vitamins, fats and carbohydrates. Ayurveda emphasizes that our directly, in a positive or a negative way has an effect on our body and since this science deals with the holistic approach to healing, it covers the diet factor in depth.
Our range of essential oils
are widely used Aryuveda to balance various doshas like for balancing Vata dosha calming or warming essential oils such as ylang ylang, amber, sweet orange, frankincense, clove and rose geranium are extremely effective and for Kapha, oils like rosemary, tulsi, eucalyptus, lemon, basil, juniper and coriander are used. These essential oils gets easily absorbed into skin and hence heal better than the herbal plaster. Many Ayurvedic books also define the usage of essential oils to heighten the seven Chakras, namely Root/Base Chakra, Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus Chakra, Heart Chakra, Throat Chakra, Brow Chakra and Crown Chakra and their corresponding origins.
These oils directly or indirectly affect the body's physiological systems. For instance, a couple of drops of peppermint taken orally can aid digestion and inhalations of mucolytic oils can relieve respiratory symptoms. Used topically for their antiseptic and soothing effects, essential oils can successfully treat minor skin conditions. It has been demonstrated that the application of certain essential oils to the skin can produce vaso-dilation which in turn causes warming of underlying muscles, however this is an indirect effect of the oil acting on the superficial tissues, it is not a pharmacological effect produced as a result of the oil entering the systemic circulation via the skin. In addition, because of the effect of relaxation on the brain and the subsequent sedating or stimulating of the nervous system, essential oils can also indirectly raise and lower blood pressure and possibly aid in normalization of hormonal secretion.
- Camphor oil is used in treatment of nervous depression, inflammation, acne, arthritis, muscular aches & pains, rheumatism, sprains, bronchitis, colds, coughs, fever, flu & infectious diseases.
- The oil has in it properties for treating asthma, colds, halitosis, laryngitis, throat infections & whooping cough.
- Benzoin oil is known for its medicinal properties and can be used in perfumes and various kinds of incense.
- Jasmine oil helps in toning up of the body as well as takes care of the dry, greasy, irritated & sensitive skin.
- Owing its properties of fast growth, this tree is mainly used for its wood and has various desirable features for use as ornament, timber, firewood and pulpwood.